NavBAr

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bedspread to Shower Curtain!



OH HAI GUYZ!

Paul the cat is surprised to see youuu


I know it's been a little while, but thus is life! 
SO. Remember that Ruffley Bedspread  I made about 2 years ago?

WELL....
It has a new life! Since I made a new duvet last summer, the first one has been hibernating in a storage bin ever since. We recently splurged for some new gray towels at HomeGoods, and I wanted to replace our shower curtain as well, but Kyle and I are also trying to save money to buy a house. That means when I get the redecorating itch for non-essentials, I gotta use what I already have!



I trimmed the spread down to size using the original shower curtain, and sewed a reinforced strip across the top.Then I installed some grommets from Michael's and dyed it gray with a few boxes of RIT Pearl Grey dye I already had on hand. I used 2 packs of grommets for a total of about $6. Supa cheap and snazzy re-do! 

It's not perfect, but it's enough of an update that my need to redecorate the bathroom is satiated! 

Thanks for reading!!


1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Please keep comments on topic and respectful!

more pretties to enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...