NavBAr

Sunday, June 26, 2011

2nd Anniversary Photoshoot: Dresses and Butterflies

Kyle and I won a free photo shoot with our wedding photographer  (Sarah Knowlton [ now Mitchell!] of Sknow Photo and Design) that we used as an anniversary shoot, being we scheduled it for the day before our second wedding anniversary! We had a blast, and Sarah is amazing to work with. We just got the pics back and I wanted to share the dress that I made for the occasion, along with some butterfly and flower hairpins I made recently and wore for the shoot!

The butterfly pins were inspired by this photoshoot over on Once Wed: Butterfly Bride

For how to on how I did my hair, check out this post at Grosgrain - Heat Free Curls

I designed/made my dress using a combo of 3 patterns, 2 vintage ( top from Simplicity 7760, skirt from Simplicity 1235 ) and one altered sleeve pattern I found a tutorial for online (which I cannot currently locate).  The fabric is a flowery thrifted twin sized fitted sheet - I used pretty much every bit of fabric from the sheet in making this dress! I actually ran out of fabric for the binding and had to do a rolled edge from most of the finishing. 

I pulled the dress together in about a half a day - mostly an afternoon and an evening to finish. The wrap dress was super easy to adjust and add the fuller skirt to! I just had to add some width to accommodate the wrapping.


Simplicity patterns 7760 and 1235 . Images from Vintage Sewing Patterns Wiki


Photos by the super talented Sarah Knowlton Mitchell (on Facebook !)










Wood Chalkboard from Joann fabrics - whitewashed by me






Thank you for reading!!

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Please keep comments on topic and respectful!

more pretties to enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...